So, I snow dyed five yards of bleached muslin that I had folded in a way that I hoped would create a crystal-like pattern. I mixed up several dyes: yellow, red, blue and purple. I wasn’t sure how much of the dye concentrate to use, so I put quite a bit in. I was hoping to avoid too much white space on the finished fabric. The results were interesting.
This has too much white and too much yellow.
Better – less white and smaller areas of the yellow.
I like this one. Little white and I can see the fold lines. The yellow center is a bit large and somehow I got a drip of red right in the middle.
This one has a nice “bursting” kind of pattern. Not too much white. I like it.
In this fabric I think the white works. It reminds me more of a crystal and I can see the fold lines.
More experimentation required and coming soon.